Monday, October 8, 2012

Slow Cooker Banana Bread

I am happy to announce that the Banana Bread has gotten a thumbs up!



I think I left it in the slow cooker for about 15 minutes longer than I should have.  I took advantage of a little "mom time" and jumped in the shower.  I can't pass up those moments!

Aside from the bottom sticking to the crock pot, it turned out pretty good!  The sticking probably had something to do with the 15 extra minutes.


Although it may not look the best here, it tasted mighty good.  I added the optional chocolate chips and walnuts to the batter.  Here is the recipe:

Slow Cooker Banana Bread
 2 eggs
 1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 mashed bananas
Optional: 1 cup chocolate chips and/or 1 cup walnuts

Combine butter, eggs, and sugar.  Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, and 1 cup flour.  Mix well and add the last cup of flour.  The mixture should be thick.  Add bananas and optional ingredients, if desired.  Butter 6 quart crock pot and cook on low for 4 hours.
I originally found this recipe on Facebook, click here to see the original.



Until Next Time,

Jen the CraftinCowgirl















No comments:

Post a Comment