Saturday, January 21, 2012

How to Make a Ribbon and Bead Necklace

Hello! I have been busy busy busy! We've had Cubscouts, 4H, basketball, and a snowstorm! Whew, I was all for the snow day we had yesterday. Of course, by the end of the day the kids were ready to poke each others eyes out. Funny how they can get on each others nerves, but when one is gone they can't hardly live without each other, lol! They couldn't go outside to burn off their energy because the temps were too cold :o( We read books, played some games, did some minimal cleaning, and decided to be just plain lazy. I did work on a necklace for Sis. I made a couple of them at Christmas for my nieces and decided to surprise Sis with one. She loved it! Perfect Valentine necklace! I know-there's no hearts on it, but I am not really a heart kind of gal. I love the colors though.

I used the tutorial I found at Joyfolie to make my necklace.
It was very easy to follow! And she has an adorable model for her necklace!

I have to apologize for the dark pictures. I used my phone to take them
and I don't have a decent camera...yet!

Supplies: twill tape (or ribbon), beads, toggle clasps, ribbon, stretch magic cord

Tie the magic cord to one of the toggle clasps.

String the beads and tie a toggle clasp to the other end.

Cut two pieces of twill tape(or ribbon) to the length you want your necklace to be. Mine was for a child, so I cut each piece to 14".

Tie each piece of twill to one end of the bead strand.

Cut a piece of ribbon long enough to tie a bow the size you want it to be.

I tied the bow(a double knot with the ends cut) onto one side of the twill just above the beads. I did add a drop of FabriTac glue to make sure it stayed tied and didn't come apart while she was wearing it.
I also trimmed the edges with pinking shears.

Here is Sis modeling one I made for my niece.



So simple to make!
Now we can go shopping to find a cute dress to match ;o)

Thanks for stopping by!




12 comments:

  1. Great tutorial! I made one similar but it broke =( I'll have to try again using your tute!

    If you're interested, we're hosting our first ever link up party. Please stop by and link up! http://www.waywardgirlscrafts.com/2012/01/wayward-weekend-week-1.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, I am gonna have to try this! Great Tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! I am going to make myself one!! I'm going to Pin you too : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute necklace!! My daughter would love this!

    Thank you so mcuh for visiting my blog, and commenting on my Night time Prayer I made for my niece!

    Have a great day!

    Leanne @ Because (I think) I can

    ReplyDelete
  5. The necklace is adorable.

    ~Mrs. Delightful
    ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up to Show Your Stuff, Your invited to come back this week:

    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/01/show-your-stuff-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable!! Thanks for linking up! Have you registered for my giveaway?

    Ramsign Giveaway: Porcelain Enamel Sign {up to $99 value}

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing this last week to Made U Look on Made in a Day. I would love it if you would link up again this week!
    Kim@madeinaday
    http://madeinaday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I will be linking up again! Love seeing all the great projects.

      Delete