Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Fabric Rosette Necklace

Well, the kids went back to school yesterday.  I don't think any of us were ready for it.  I could have taken a couple more weeks off with them :o)  This was the most relaxing Christmas break I think we've ever had.  The celebrations were spread out and we weren't so rushed to get everywhere.  We were actually able to chillax and spend some quality time with everyone!  I was really dreading getting back on a schedule :o( 

Here is a  necklace I wanted to share.  I made these for my nieces as a Christmas gift. 


Supplies: fabric, felt, jump ring, necklace chain (basics needed: needle, thread, glue gun)


 Start by cutting a strip of fabric 1" .  I used the length of the fabric which was 45".
Fold the fabric in half so it's approximately 1/2" wide now.  Tie a knot at the very end and pull it tight. 




Start rolling the fabric around the center and also twisting it as you go. (Sorry for the bad picture.  My phone is not the best thing in the world to take pictures with.)  Secure it with a dab of hot glue every few twists.
 When you get the rosette as big as you want (or get to the end of the fabric) glue the end of it to the back.
FYI,  this rosette really does look better in person.  The print on the fabric makes it look really busy here.  A solid color might have worked better for a tutorial.  Hindsight.......

Finished rosette :o)

 Cut a circle of felt just a hair smaller than the rosette and hand stitch it to the back.
 You could also hot glue it on.



 I attached a jump ring to the back with the needle and thread.



 Run your chain through and you're finished!


Little Sis modeled for me.



 This is apparently her super model pose.  I told her to smile big because this was for my blog, lol!!

 She never did get her front teeth for Christmas.  Darn Santa!


 Here is a link to the original Pinterest Pin where I found this necklace:
I like to give credit where it's due! 


Thanks for stopping by!




5 comments:

  1. Darling necklace! I love the fabric rosettes!!! I'm excited to be your newest follower and am glad you linked up to my party!!! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute necklace. I would love for you to share your talents at Bacon Time's weekly anything goes linky, fri-monday.
    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love little rosettes! I never thought to make them a necklace though...very cute and creative. BTW, your little gal is a doll :-) She looks so happy to be sporting her new necklace.

    Thanks for stopping by!!!

    ReplyDelete