Saturday, December 31, 2011

Jingle Bell Garland

Happy New Year's Eve!  Does anyone have big plans?  We are just planning on staying home and playing games with the kiddos.  Sounds like alot more fun than being out and about on a night like this.  It's is supposed to be REALLY windy (55 mph wind gusts) and it makes me nervous to be out on the roads nowadays.  Too much to risk my precious family for.  Although, I think every year they try to provide taxi services and offer free rides to those who shouldn't be driving.  I will be praying that those that need it will take advantage of the generosity.  Hopefully, they will ultimately choose to be responsible and not find themselves in a predicament.

I have been cleaning up today.  I cleaned like a banshee before Christmas and then right after it needs to be done again!  I can't believe how much dirt and tree needles collects under the tree skirt.  We have wood floors so everything seems to sift around everywhere.  Dust bunnies run from me when I sweep!  Grrrrrrr!

I am really not looking forward to taking down my Christmas decorations this year.  They have looked so nice.  I can't believe the kids have left everything alone!  I finally have a grown up Christmas house and I'm not sure I like it.  It means the kids are growing up!  :o(

I'll show you my Jingle Bell Garland I made for my tree this year.  It was super easy.  I found the idea on Pinterest, of course :o)



I bought some gold bells at Hobby Lobby and spray painted them ivory.


Starting at one end of the twine, I tied a bell on with a knot.  About every 5 inches I knotted another bell on until I had them all done.  Super easy and cute!!





I'm thinking I can find somewhere to use my bell garland after Christmas.  It's so cute, I don't want to put it away until next year!  I just might make a couple more.....maybe with bigger bells.  

Everyone have a safe and memorable New Year's Eve!





























The Girl Creative
Mondays @ All Things Fee!
Tip Junkie handmade projects

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen, sounds like you had a perfect New Year's Eve, just like it should be. I love your jingle bell garland and perhaps I will make one for next year, I have lots of little bells. Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! I'll have to keep this in mind for next year.

    Buffie
    http://papercuts4u.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete