Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Dresser Redo








I repainted a dresser for my daughter's room we are re-doing.  Sorry, I was so anxious to get it started, I didn't take any before or during pictures.
 I started by lightly sanding the surface and distressing(with a hammer, woohoo!) by hand. I primed it, painted 2 coats of pink paint, then distressed with again with sanding paper.  I used brown glaze to add some character and more of a distress look again. (Note to self: do not leave glaze on too long) This was my first glazing experience. To finish it off, I used 2 coats of polyurethane.  It turned out beautiful, I was so proud of my first furniture project!



I found the idea on Pinterest to use ribbon as drawer handles.

Her room is brown and pink.  We have yet to find carpet, but hopefully that will be soon!  I will keep you updated on the progress.






 








3 comments:

  1. You are so creative! The whole room looks great! You need to post more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you from thrifty decor chick-stop by for a visit!!

    ReplyDelete