Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Cookie Baking Day at Mom's {Stained Glass Cookie Recipe}

I should be more active today, but I don't feel like it.  Me and the Bug are still in our pajamas.  I love these days.  We snuggle, watch cartoons, and just hang out together.  I have some water and cinnamon simmering on the stove top and it smells sooo good in here!  He wrapped a couple of presents for his cousin earlier and did quite an amazing job for a 3 year old.


I made the names dot to dot so he could follow them to write their names on the tags.  We don't get too fancy with the tags.  I think they are cute, we just cut a rectangle and trim off the corners.  The kids can decorate them how they like.

Saturday we had our annual baking day at my mom's house.  It's the day we get flour everywhere, and I mean everywhere!  The kids usually have sugar cookies to frost and we all make one or two treats to share at Christmas.  This year I made stained glass cookies.  I let the kids decorate them.  I made some sugar cookie dough to make candy cane cookies, but I forgot to add the sugar to the first batch.  Hmmm, sugar-free sugar cookies??  I don't think so!  





I apologize for the blurry pictures.  Kids making cookies don't sit still very well. :o)

My mom, sister, and Berticus showing off our creations. 

Mom's yummy cookies!

Don't you love mom's new tree skirt she made?!



Us, make a mess, Noooooo.....

Berticus apparently thought the hat was a nice touch for cookie making.

The kiddos got a little carried away with the gel decorating.



The results of getting carried away with gel while decorating...

Another cookie day mixed up and baked at 350*
My aunt and cousin came over later and we all went caroling around town.  It was a beautiful night.  It's been above normal temps here in Iowa and I'm not complaining one bit!  

Are you all ready for Christmas?  I'm not....Santa managed to wrap some gifts last night, but there are still a few more gifts to be bought.  Ugh...


Stained Glass Cookies

1 pouch sugar cookie mix (1 lb 1.5 oz)
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 egg
2 Tbsp flour
red and green decorating gels


-Heat oven to 375*
-Stir cookie mix, butter, egg, and flour together.
-Roll on floured surface to 1/4" thick.
-Cut out with cookie cutters.
-Place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
-Decorate unbaked cookies with gels.
-Bake 7-9 minutes.
-Cook 1 minute on pan, then remove to cooling rack.




No comments:

Post a Comment