Sunday, December 18, 2011

Bookmarks for my Sunday School Class {Candy Cane Story}

I was trying to come up with a quick and cute idea for a simple Christmas gift to give my Sunday School students.  I help teach the 3rd grade class with my good friend Amy and I absolutely love it!  They just received their Bibles this year.  I was thinking a bookmark would be something they could use with their Bibles.  I found a printable with the Candy Cane Christmas Legend which couldn't have been more perfect! I printed them off and got to work!  It only took me about 20 minutes to make 8 of them. 



I printed the bookmark (there are 4 on each printed sheet) and cut red cardstock to layer behind it.




I used a tape runner adhesive to attach the printed bookmark to the red cardstock.

Make sure it's centered and press it on.  I used adhesive around the edges and also filled in the center with a couple strips.  I wanted them to "stick" good if they were going to be used as bookmarks.  Preferably I would have laminated them, but I didn't have enough on hand to laminate all the bookmarks.






I picked out red eyelets to run the ribbon through.  There was already a printed eyelet on the bookmark.  I just placed my red one on top of the printed one. 

I pushed both ends of the ribbon through the back to the front and then looped it through itself to make the ribbon topper.  I trimmed it at an angle.

 I used gold cord and also pushed both ends through from back to the front, but instead of looping it, I put the candy cane through the loop of gold cord on the back and pulled it tight.  Then I tied a normal bow on the front side to hold it on.


 The perfect little gift for my class. 


We had our annual baking day at Mom and Dad's yesterday.  After we were done baking, some of us enjoyed a glass of wine (or two) and we all went caroling around town.  It was the perfect night and the kids had a blast.  I was pleasantly surprised to discover we really didn't sound too awful!

Does anybody else out there go caroling or have you been caroling?  Do you have any baking days or annual traditions? I would love to hear them! 

Don't forget to subscribe to stay updated.  I would love for you to join the family here!
Thank you for stopping by!


The Southern Product Queen






Mondays @ All Things Fee!

Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Making
BWS tips button
 




Keeping It Simple






















4 comments:

  1. What a quick, crafty idea...and relatively cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic. Thank you for sharing it at Made Up & Loved. My

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post! I'm having a Linky party too! I would love it if you would link up your favorite posts. Here is the link http://www.thesouthernproductqueen.com/one-stop-shoppe-linky-party

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for joining my linky party! This post rocks!

    ReplyDelete