Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Blonde Brownies


The Bug and I were hungry for a sweet treat today.  I hadn't made my yummy blonde brownies for awhile, so I decided to whip them up to cure our sweet craving.  Not to mention I was chilly and baking is the best thing to warm up a chilly house. 




We rounded up the necessities and got to work.









          

This is my wanna-be Kitchen Aid mixer.  It has a long way to go :o(



First, grab a little helper like so, and cream the butter, vanilla, and brown sugar.
 (He likes to bake in his underwear.  Actually, he likes to do everything in his underwear.)





Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together.
Next mix in eggs.

 
Nothing like fresh Iowa farm eggs.  Thank you to our super good friends for these brown beauties!



 Blend in the flour mixture....



My wanna-be Kitchen Aid in action.


The BEST part of baking goodies!

Add the chocolate chips. 

Stir 'em up!


Spread 'em out!



Eat 'em up!


Of course, they always taste better out of the middle of the pan!

 Blonde Brownies

 2 1/4 cups flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs
2 cups chocolate chips


Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in small bowl.  
Beat brown sugar, butter, and vanilla in large mixer until creamy.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Gradually beat in flour mixture.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Spread into greased 15x10" jelly roll pan.
Bake in preheated 350* oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Cool completely on wire rack.   

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!! Those look delightful and your little helper is so adorable! How nice that he likes to bake with his momma :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a sweet comment. I'm your newest follower! Love your place here!

    ReplyDelete